Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where is the concession stand?


One of my favorite things about National Parks is the lack of commercialization. Yes the general store and gas stations bend you over and have their way with your wallet, but they are limited to one small area inside the park. If this were anything but a national park, there would be a concession stand selling Artist's Drive T-shirts, mugs, playing cards, and artist's drive smoothies. The reason the guys and I do these camping trips is not to purposely damage our livers beyond repair, but to get away from the trappings of modern society. We DON'T want starbucks, we don't want a 10 item or less line or electric carts for fat people. We want to rough it, enjoy nature and focus on life instead of all of us sitting around the boob tube watching reruns of It's Always Sunny. So there was a nice rant because I have nothing to say about taking this picture besides I got out of the car, clicked a few pictures, then got back in the car and took a nap. I will post my other Artist Drive pictures separately.

Canon 600D, ISO-100, f/4.5, 18mm, 1/1250sec.

No comments: