Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Like a scar across the skin of the desert.


So, yet another road going through Death Valley. There were so many roads with so many views that Christian and I took hundreds of pictures from the roads. I have to say that I only appreciate the roads for making it easy for us to explore the national park. But from a conservationist point of view, they are like scars gouged into the skin of the desert. You have this wilderness and you lay down an asphalt track across it. What sense does that make to conserve our national parks? Well, I don't want to start a rant, I'm sounding like Edward Abbey instead of J.D. Abbey. I find the flat never ending roads boring, I needed a bit of character and the dips in the road give just that.

Canon 600D, ISO 100, 55mm, f/5.6, 1/500 second

No comments: