Saturday, March 24, 2012

Behind Bars?


So this one was Christian's favorite from the pictures I took at the Photowalk last month. Personally, it reminds me of being behind bars, not that I have ever been behind bars. It's dark and gloomy with the promise of a brighter world just past where I can reach and there is no way to see where that light is coming from. Also the red light is pretty cool, but I was trying to wax poetic and all that jazz. Well, this one was a Photowalk picture so it is a very early attempt at HDR. I know that it could use some work, but I like to show how I first interpreted the photo and I will post changes later.

Actually, the image below is the one that Christian liked, but I made a few changes to it and darkened the red, tried to make the ocean outside from under the pier more visible, and darken the image as a whole because the mist was washing out the image and taking away from the dark ambiance that I was going for. This also shows the difference between photomatix below and photoshop above. I am playing around with both applications trying to find my favorite blend between them all.

PS: Let me know if you like me showing multiple versions of the same image. I'm still learning so I'm not quite sure where to go with some of these. I'm trying to figure out which ones look best as realistic and which ones should be cartoony and exaggerated.

PEOPLE! Leave a comment and tell me which one you like better.

Canon 600D, ISO 1250, 55mm, f/6.3, 1/40 second

No comments: