Friday, April 6, 2012

Do I see his turn signal flashing?


OK, so this is far from my comfort zone. I haven't gotten the hang of sky photography, but I was out on my balcony trying to get the moon (which did not turn out) and there was a plane circling and I gave it my best to get a shot. I like how you can see the blinking red light on the backside during the long exposure. Almost looks like a Doppler shift. Would be better if the starboard side lights were blue. For those unfamiliar with the Doppler shift, that is the scientific principle that tells us that the universe is expanding. The light on the tree outside was very bright so I tried my best to pull it back, but the moon was very bright with a 30 sec exposure. Let me know what you think.


BTW: this is Saturday's post a little early. I'm hitting up Sunken City tomorrow for pics, then I'm off to Brandon's for Easter weekend. Pool party for Easter sounds very southern California. I will post the sunken city pics on Sunday evening.

Canon 600D, ISO-100, f/5.6, 35mm, 30 sec.

No comments: